Home Main Suggestions/Queries Thread Question for ya!

Moderator: ILS007

Question for ya!

Postby madison79 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:03 am

Hello,
I've recently signed up for this site and saw the ip irregularities note in the video section. Here is my issues/question.

I am an English as Second Language Teacher in S. Korea. I have tons of free time to work on other things so I decided to check this site out. At work, I use this program to browse the internet freely since my school blocks certain sites. IE 2+2 and even some usa sites. Trust me I'm not looking up bad stuff, I love my job and get paid a ton of money to do very little work. Sick brag!!! :D
http://www.hidemyass.com/vpn/
THis program allows a person to change ip address but doesn't have an Address for Korea. I switch to Tokyo, Japan to have full access.

I'm wondering if this is okay since I want to spend my free time at work, ip address japan, to study and then grind when I get home but i might check out some vids at home, IP Seoul, S. Korea is this okay?
Cheers,
Bill
madison79
Grinder

Re: Question for ya!

Postby ILS007 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:41 am

madison79 wrote:Hello,
I've recently signed up for this site and saw the ip irregularities note in the video section. Here is my issues/question.

I am an English as Second Language Teacher in S. Korea. I have tons of free time to work on other things so I decided to check this site out. At work, I use this program to browse the internet freely since my school blocks certain sites. IE 2+2 and even some usa sites. Trust me I'm not looking up bad stuff, I love my job and get paid a ton of money to do very little work. Sick brag!!! :D
http://www.hidemyass.com/vpn/
THis program allows a person to change ip address but doesn't have an Address for Korea. I switch to Tokyo, Japan to have full access.

I'm wondering if this is okay since I want to spend my free time at work, ip address japan, to study and then grind when I get home but i might check out some vids at home, IP Seoul, S. Korea is this okay?
Cheers,
Bill

Hi Bill, great to have you on board, welcome! :D

Regrettably we have to be 100% strict on this policy to avoid potential misuse. I can't think of a good workable solution otherwise. We constantly check for IP irregularities and can distinguish between innocent ones from the same user, and misuse of shared accounts. I completely sympathize with your intentions to use spare time to study, but we really can't make any exceptions otherwise the rule loses its impact. I would recommend taking personal notes when you study at home, and to revise these in your spare time at work.

Hope this makes sense and I look forward to helping you crush!
Ivan
ILS007
Site Admin

Postby madison79 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:23 am

I'm assuming you're most worried people sharing the vids? Correct?

How about this:

Can I change my home ip address to Tokyo, Japan and I won't log and watch videos from home. I will only watch vids from work since I want to grind at night and watch vids after class. This way if my ip address suddenly changes to Russia you know it's not me or I'm abusing the TOS and you can boot me for it?

Thanks for your time,
Bill
madison79
Grinder

Postby ILS007 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:27 pm

madison79 wrote:I'm assuming you're most worried people sharing the vids? Correct?

How about this:

Can I change my home ip address to Tokyo, Japan and I won't log and watch videos from home. I will only watch vids from work since I want to grind at night and watch vids after class. This way if my ip address suddenly changes to Russia you know it's not me or I'm abusing the TOS and you can boot me for it?

Thanks for your time,
Bill

Yeah the policy is to prevent shared accounts, which wouldn't be fair to those who have paid for the series, and the ongoing analysis which continues in that forum.

If your IP is sufficiently localized with a pattern very clear it is you, there won't be a problem. Of course sharing can occur within a close geographical proximity, but misuse is pretty easy to detect. You are keenly aware of the policy and have taken precautionary steps to get clarification for what you wish to do, which is greatly appreciated.

For you or anyone else who is concerned about this, for example if they plan to go abroad and access the site or anything similar, you can always fire an email to ivan@professionalpokervideos.com to make me aware of the situation. If you have any more queries, please do not hesitate to get back to me via email. I will move this thread to the Suggestions/Queries section.
ILS007
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions/Queries Thread