Home Main Suggestions/Queries Thread Questions for Ivan

Moderator: ILS007

Questions for Ivan

Postby metasploit » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:15 pm

Hello,

I am considering signing up for starting out in SnG's course but I have a few questions first.

1. Can you cancel your subscription at any time and not get charged ? for example if I want to cancel after 3 months would I still get charged the $30.00 every 3 months?

2. Are the videos downloadable?

3. Is there information about proper bank roll management in the video series? I plan on setting aside $100.00 and starting at the $1 SnG's on pokerstars and working my way up from there. Is 100xbuyin an acceptable bankroll management strategy?

4. I started out my poker career back in 2007 playing SnG"s on UB up to the 30+3 level and did quite well. I always considered SnG's my stongest game but in the past years I have since gotten away from SnG't and mostly played MTT's. Would I still get value out of the 'beginner' course even though I feel as though I have a decent understanding of low stakes SnG strategy? I do feel as though I am 'rusty' since I really have not concentrated on playing SnG's over the past few years. I know the games have gotten tougher and perhaps it's best for me to 'start over' from scratch and begin win the basis again.

5. Are you as active as you say you are Ivan on the forms? And from what I have ready on 2+2 the forms are a crucial part of the overall training provided and I plan on being very active there to post questions about hands etc.

6. Is there any discussion in the video regarding HUD usage or is that something I can just ask on the forum?

7. Since I don't have HOURS and HOURS to commit to SnG play each night right now, what games do you suggest I start with? I used to play 10 man SnG's on UB (yes they used to be 10 man) and never really bothered with 6 max, 18, 45 man etc. I would like to maximize the time I set aside to play poker to get in as many games as possible. I think I should focus on the single table 9 mans SnGs. Is that what the video series focuses on for the most part? Would it be acceptable to start out with 2 tables and slowly work my way up after some time or should I start out with one table?

Thanks Ivan I am looking forward to your reply

cheers
metasploit
Grinder

Re: Questions for Ivan

Postby ILS007 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:03 pm

Hey, below are answers to your questions:

metasploit wrote:Hello,

I am considering signing up for starting out in SnG's course but I have a few questions first.

1. Can you cancel your subscription at any time and not get charged ? for example if I want to cancel after 3 months would I still get charged the $30.00 every 3 months? No, the subscriptions run for the durations stated.

2. Are the videos downloadable? Not at this time.

3. Is there information about proper bank roll management in the video series? I plan on setting aside $100.00 and starting at the $1 SnG's on pokerstars and working my way up from there. Is 100xbuyin an acceptable bankroll management strategy? This is discussed in the series.

4. I started out my poker career back in 2007 playing SnG"s on UB up to the 30+3 level and did quite well. I always considered SnG's my stongest game but in the past years I have since gotten away from SnG't and mostly played MTT's. Would I still get value out of the 'beginner' course even though I feel as though I have a decent understanding of low stakes SnG strategy? I do feel as though I am 'rusty' since I really have not concentrated on playing SnG's over the past few years. I know the games have gotten tougher and perhaps it's best for me to 'start over' from scratch and begin win the basis again. It's quite hard to say without knowing exactly what you do know. Most players that are already somewhat accomplished may prefer the advanced series, but for players not new but also wanting to ensure they have great foundations and the ability to patch some things in the strategy discussion, they usually purchase the combo package.

5. Are you as active as you say you are Ivan on the forms? And from what I have ready on 2+2 the forms are a crucial part of the overall training provided and I plan on being very active there to post questions about hands etc. Yep, other than when I am travelling I generally check out the forums every day. I try to let discussion stimulate for a few days and for members to chime in before revealing my analysis, so that the discussion can be interactive rather than me just giving all my input straight off the bat.

6. Is there any discussion in the video regarding HUD usage or is that something I can just ask on the forum? This is more pertanent to the advanced series, though general discussion of HUDs can take place in the strategy forum.

7. Since I don't have HOURS and HOURS to commit to SnG play each night right now, what games do you suggest I start with? I used to play 10 man SnG's on UB (yes they used to be 10 man) and never really bothered with 6 max, 18, 45 man etc. I would like to maximize the time I set aside to play poker to get in as many games as possible. I think I should focus on the single table 9 mans SnGs. Is that what the video series focuses on for the most part? Would it be acceptable to start out with 2 tables and slowly work my way up after some time or should I start out with one table? The Starting Out series is geared nicely towards 9-mans so I would definitely recommend those as a great starting point. The advanced series focuses on 18-mans.

Thanks Ivan I am looking forward to your reply Hope this helps, good luck! :)

cheers
ILS007
Site Admin

Postby metasploit » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:45 am

ty sir

Any plans on releasing downloadable videos in the future?
metasploit
Grinder

Postby ILS007 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:29 am

metasploit wrote:ty sir

Any plans on releasing downloadable videos in the future?

Yw! No concrete plans but it is certainly a strong consideration down the line.
ILS007
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions/Queries Thread